If you have phoned with a dental problem and been asked to attend the Practice, this is what to expect:
* You will be contacted the day before your appointment where possible and asked a series of questions relating to any medical conditions you have and to screen for any signs and symptoms of COVID 19. This is to avoid using paper forms within the surgery.
* You will be asked to come alone, if at all possible. To limit the number of people in the Practice.
* You will be asked not to bring any personal belongings if possible as bags and coats are difficult items to sanitise.
* We will ask for payment for your appointment over the phone, to reduce the need for handling cash or the card machine at the Practice.
*The front door will be closed.
* You will be asked to either remain outside until we phone you to let you know we are ready for you or you will have been given a number to phone to let us know you have arrived. If you do not have a phone, please arrive at your appointment time and knock on the front door.
* The door will be opened by a member of our team, who will be dressed in full Personal Protective Equipment. This is for us to keep the Practice as clean an environment as possible, whilst also ensuring you experience a safe journey throughout your visit.
* Before entering the building, you will be asked to use a hand sanitiser provided for you. * Social distancing will be maintained at all times within the Practice, please keep
a distance of 2 metres from any other visitors.
* Access to other areas of the building such as the waiting room and toilet will be restricted, to maintain our strict infection control measures.
* You will be escorted directly to and from the surgery for your dental treatment.
If any of the following apply:
- you are in the extremely vulnerable category
- have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or are self-isolating with COVID-19 symptoms or live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 symptoms
- unable to attend the Practice
We will refer you to an appropriate service for your treatment needs.
We continue to take the safety of our patients and staff very seriously and adhere to current best practice professional guidelines. These additional measures outlined above, have been put in place to maintain our high standard of cross infection control and to ensure the safety of everyone attending the Practice.
For further advice or if you have a dental problem, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Tel: 01626 365896 Email: email@example.com Web: www.stpaulsdentalpractice.co.uk